MotorSportsPhoto.com

All Comments to Drew Hierwarter's files

Recent Comments

• Matt Wyse (Private)
    6 years 7 months ago
    balboa22
    My grandfather raced and owned cars for a long time in the area.. RIP Hubert "SLICK" Wyse miss those stories..
  • Matt Wyse (Private)
    6 years 7 months ago
    balboa14
    oh hell..
  • (Anonymously) (Private)
    6 years 8 months ago
    0414018
    That suucked but he was doing good :)
  • Eddie (Private)
    6 years 9 months ago
    Ed Clothier
    Hi Eddie
    Eddie Clothier from LA here! Nice car man!!
  • (Anonymously) (Private)
    6 years 9 months ago
    Unidentified Pro Stock Vega
    Joe satmary from Hammond in.

• (Anonymously) (Private)
      6 years 9 months ago
      used to watch him a lot up at us 30 drag strip in Gary in.
      Joe satmary from Hammond in.

• Joe Bennett (Private)
    6 years 10 months ago
    balboa22
    My mom and dad were avid racers back in the late 50's and 60's at Balboa. My dad raced modifieds and my mom raced powderpuff until she got tired of it and moved to racing the mexico circuit against the men. She ended up being #1 in mexico for several years before retiring from the circuit. Would love to find some of the old photos taken of them back in the day. Their names were John T. Bennett, and Dorothy J. Bennett "Blondie". I can be reached via and thanks all for the great photos and site too.

Joe Bennett

• Don (Private)
    6 years 11 months ago
    Great album Drew!   Have you seen the new Revell  Mongoose re-issue?  It's the same tooling as the early 70s monogram prudhomme/mcewen issues with the christmas tree and crew figure.  Now I wish someone would make the repo decals of those old kits.  I would love to make Prudhommes "yellow feather" again. Don
  • Ranchw (Private)
    6 years 11 months ago
    balboa09
    Jim is still living in Santa Ysabel.  Last saw him at Parnelli Jones Reunion last April.
  • Ranchw (Private)
    6 years 11 months ago
    balboa22
    Bob: Your father's work is VERY much appreciated.  My dad and mom spent many nights at Balboa Stadium watching these modifieds, jalopies and midgets.  Frenchie Faulkner, Parnelli Jones, Bob McCoy, Billy Vukovich, Jim Wood... many great drivers.  I would be interested in purchasing some photos if you are interested.
  • (Anonymously) (Private)
    7 years ago
    An injected, 426 Hemi powered Competition Roadster.
    Alaska racer Bob Lunsford ran this A/Comp drgaster.  Though based out of Anchorage, he often ventured to So-Cal.
  • (Anonymously) (Private)
    7 years ago
    A twin injected engine gas dragster.
    This is Leo Dunn from Nor-Cal
  • (Anonymously) (Private)
    7 years ago
    Corvette Modified Sports
    This car ran a 331" Chrysler for CC/GS class and later a blown 396" Chevy for the more popular BB/GS category.  A fun car to watch as it often launched the wheels off the line.
  • (Anonymously) (Private)
    7 years ago
    The Lovelle Brothers, A/Street Roadster
    I really loved this car.  At one point it served as one of the fastest A/SR's on the West coast.  I always wondered what happened to it.
  • (Anonymously) (Private)
    7 years 1 month ago
    edhale02
    I just found out tonight on what happened to Cajon Speedway. And most of on the passing of Ed Hale. I was teenager who went there in the late 83- 86 seasons. Met Ed couple of times a true racer and gentleman on and off the track.
powered by Fotki